Choosing your child’s first school is an exciting process. It can also be a little intimidating. It is a good idea to start looking into your options early and apply to multiple programs because space is often limited. Once you know your options, call them to set up a tour.
Here are good questions to ask when visiting a preschool option. These will help guide you in finding a preschool that is right for you and your child.
Before You Visit
- Ask yourself “What kind of preschool am I looking for?”
- Would your child do better in a busy place with lots of other children or a smaller, quieter environment?
- Does your child have any needs like toilet training, napping, or socializing?
- Do you want your preschool to be close to your work or home?
- Are any fees within your budget?
- Does the school’s schedule work with your own schedule?
Learn more about the questions to ask and things to look for when selecting a preschool at: PBS